Friday, May 20, 2011

Egg white, goat cheese, and spinach omlet

This morning I was wanting to stray away from my normal breakfast which consists of grapefruit, scrambled egg whites, and a piece of whole grain wheat toast. I took a look in my fridge and made one of the best omelets I have ever had. This is so simple, delicious and extremely healthy! I wish I had a picture to post to show how amazing this looks but it did not stay on the plate too long!  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/4 cup egg whites
1 small handful of spinach (or as much as you want)
1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese

Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.  Pour in eggs and season with salt and pepper.  Cook for about 1 minute or until the bottom layer begins to set. Lift the edges of the eggs with a heat proof spatula and tilt skillet so any remaining uncooked egg runs to the bottom.  Cover half of the eggs with spinach and goat cheese crumbles.  Fold the other half over the filling and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.  Slide onto a plate and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment